There is a big misconception of selling a home as an owner rather than utilize the services offered by a professional. Many home owners that are in the market to sell believe that they can save money by not using a realtor, but statistics show otherwise. On average a real estate agents can sell a homes at a 22% higher cost than FSBO homes according to the National Association for Realtors. This not only covers the realtor’s commission but gives the seller more profit. Here are a few more reasons to have a realtor list your home:
- Offer extensive advertising and exposure to buyers. Realtors have the resources for wide publicizing through multiple internet websites and data bases. Savvy buyers will utilize a realtor for assisting them in the buying process and their realtor will have access to other realtor’s listings. The realtor has top notch marketing material and selling strategies.
- Assist in setting the best price for the home. Realtors can position your home to sell at the highest selling price according to the market and current buying and selling prices for the area. The last thing a seller wants to do is under price their home, but over pricing can be just as detrimental. A real estate agent can help you find that balance.
- Can help to prepare your home to go on the market. Realtors are familiar with design trends, can identify repairs that will be beneficial to a sale and those that are a waste of time/money. Their experience in knowing what buyers think is a good buy can help in selling your home in a timelier manner.
- Live your life and let the realtor sell your home. Buyers want to look at properties on their own time; a realtor’s job is to be available seven days a week. This allows you to go on living your life as normal and let the realtor show the home.
- Knowledge, education, and experience. Realtors can evaluate buyer proposals, offers, contracts, meet with inspectors and other contacts throughout the selling process. Realtors are there for your best interest and to help you through the complex legal transactions that the real estate encompass.
Did you know that more than ¾ of buyers use a real estate agent? Therefore if you’re not utilizing the benefits of a real estate agent you could be potentially missing out on 80% of buyers. Give your self the upper hand and invest in a real estate agent.